Welcome to the Rice University Travel Registration website! Rice requires all members traveling internationally on “university business” to register their travel with International SOS. It is requested that you keep your trips up-to-date, including weekend trips by air or rail, so International SOS and Rice University can reach you in the event of an emergency. This also enables International SOS to send you important messages about medical and security concerns in your present location with suggestions on actions you should take. Please visit isos.rice.edu to complete your travel registration. Remember when you are traveling to always carry your International SOS membership card with you. It contains the Rice University’s membership number 11BYSG000011 and phone numbers to International SOS alarm centers.
Returning users can access their International SOS account by visiting isos.rice.edu. Remember to keep your trips up to date so that you can be reached in case of an emergency.
Click here for video transcript.
Travel Registration Step 1: International SOS
1. Go to www.internationalsos.com/member-zone.
2. Under “Member Login” enter the Rice University International SOS Membership number (11BYSG000011) and click “Login”
3. Click on “MyTrips.”
4. Click “New User? Register Here.” Complete the necessary information for Step 1 and the Challenge Questions.
5. You should receive an email asking you to confirm your account before logging back in.
6. Once logged-in, complete your profile information.
7. Scroll down to the bottom of your profile page and click “Create New Trip.” You may name this anything you wish, but it would be helpful for you to identify it clearly (e.g. Chile Fall 2017).
8. Click “Add a Flight.” Note that you must add EACH SEGMENT of your flight itinerary, not simply your starting point and end point. This captures information that would be helpful in assisting you if an incident occurs during transit.
9. Click “Add” after each segment of your itinerary and then “Add a Flight” to complete the next segment until you have entered your full itinerary.
At this point, you may exit the system and return later to complete your record, including adding the details of your accommodations.
10. Enter your accommodation details while abroad.
11. In the “Housing Name” field, indicate the type of accommodations, such as hotel, homestay, or shared apartment.
12. From the “My Current Trips” screen, check next to the trip you have created and click “Activate Selected Trips”.
You can return and update any information related to your specific itineraries or account information at any time.
Travel Registration Step 2 : U.S. State Department STEP
The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service provided by the U.S. Government to U.S. citizens who are traveling to, or living in, a foreign country. When you choose to sign up, you will automatically receive the most current information about the country where you will be traveling. You will also receive updates, including Travel Warnings and Travel Alerts where appropriate. You only need to sign up once, and then you can add and delete trips from your account based on your current travel plans. By connecting to the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, the US State Department will be able to assist you better in the case of an emergency, such as if you lose your passport or it is stolen while you are abroad. The State Department also assist U.S. citizens in other emergencies, such as in natural disasters.
The travel and contact information you enter into our Smart Traveler Enrollment Program will make it easier for consular officers in U.S. embassies and consulates around the world to contact you and your loved ones during an emergency —including situations where your family or friends in the U.S. are having problems trying to contact you with important news. A well-informed traveler is a safer traveler. Consular officers around the world compile country-specific information, travel alerts and warnings, fact sheets and emergency messages to provide you with timely and accurate travel information about every country where you may travel. Included are reports on possible risks and security threats so that you can make informed decisions about your travel plans and activities. Stay informed by connecting to the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program so you can have safe and enjoyable travels!
ATTENTION RICE CLUBS: For additional forms related to club events and planning, including risk management, club registration, travel, and sponsoring events, please visit the Rice University Student Activities Website.